Looking for a low calorie pumpkin pie recipe? Try this great variation at just 40 calories a serving – and, it’s fat free! It has all the flavor of pumpkin pie, but it’s a low calorie and fat free dessert recipe. There is no crust, but you can use it as a dip or spread for veggies, bagels, low calorie cookies, etc. It tastes like pumpkin cheesecake – but remember – it’s fat free!
This pumpkin dip recipe is quick, easy and is a great dip for fall or Halloween themed parties. Prepare the dip in advance, leave in the fridge for a few hours and you’ll be ready to please your taste buds (or your guests’ taste buds!) This recipe is also a great way to sneak a veggie serving into your low calorie lifestyle.
This recipe yields approximately (16) 2 tablespoon servings of low calorie pumpkin dip or spread at approximately 40 calories per serving. Awesome taste for few calories, right? This is my kind of treat!
- 1 cup of fat free cream cheese
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 cup of canned pumpkin (or cooked, fresh pumpkin)
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- ¼ tsp of allspice blend
- In a bowl, stir the cream cheese with a fork or whip it with an electric hand mixer. You want it to get it really whipped and creamy!
- Add the powdered sugar and spices and mix completely with the cream cheese.
- Now, add in the pumpkin and blend well until your dip is uniform in texture.
- Refrigerate and serve cold.
Notes and variations:
- Serve the dip on fat free bagels, celery sticks, carrot sticks, low calorie cookies and crackers, chocolate graham crackers, etc.
- You can also use this dip for a low calorie pumpkin pie or cheesecake filling that would require no baking!
- Use this pumpkin spread to replace frosting on cupcakes or cakes when baking.
- For a fun, low calorie snack – core an apple, cut it in half and place a dollop of pumpkin dip on each half.
- For a great presentation, scoop out a medium sized pumpkin and use it as a bowl to serve your dip. Cook the pulp to use in the recipe and bake the seeds in the oven with a bit of salt for a great snack.
- If you’re feeling extra indulgent, mix in some chocolate chips! Pumpkin dip + chocolate = heaven!