Low Calorie Ideas for Breakfast
- Breakfast Burritos – Whole wheat wraps stuffed with egg beaters or egg whites and avocado or your favorite fat-free/low-fat cheese. Check out our article on breakfast burrito recipes for step-by-step directions and tons of tasty variations.
- Fruit salad with ½ cup of unsweetened yogurt. Sprinkle with granola or sunflower seeds.
- Cored apple with almond or cashew butter
- Egg white omelet with all of your favorite veggies and fat free cheese.
Low Calorie Ideas for Lunch
- Grilled chicken breast on a whole wheat bun.
- Huge salad with your fav veggies. Use an unlimited amount of fat free dressing or a tbsp of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Buffalo chicken wrap – Whole wheat wrap, grilled chicken, lettuce, cukes & spicy wing sauce (We recommend Frank’s!)
Low Calorie Ideas for Dinner
- Pork chops served with baked diced apples & cinnamon on top
- Grilled salmon with red onions and sun-dried tomatoes
- Whole wheat pasta sauteed with extra virgin olive oil, fresh lemon juice and parsley.
Low Calorie Snack & Dessert Ideas
- Bananas, fat-free whipped topping and cinnamon.
- Fruit salad
- Diced apples cooked in the microwave for 1 minute with cinnamon.
- 1 Tootsie Roll Pop
- Fat-free jello pudding cup with 1 tsp of peanut butter
Hopefully some of these ideas inspire you to start enjoying a healthier, more creative dieting lifestyle! Make sure to share your favorite low calorie recipes, tips & tricks in the comments section below.