Looking for a healthy crock pot recipe? Look no further. Here is an easy low calorie chicken crock pot recipe that you just ‘set and forget’ and is intended for use with your favorite slow cooker. Get inspired with this healthy low calorie meal idea!
This healthy chicken recipe is an easy and delicious way to get dinner on the table. At just under 200 calories, it can also make great leftovers for lunch. Serve with a side salad and a low-calorie side dish for a fantastic meal that everyone will enjoy.
Yields: 6 servings at approximately 194 calories per serving.
- 2 cups of sliced carrots
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 cups of fresh green beans, with the ends snapped off
- 3 lbs. chicken pieces, with skin removed (important!)
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup of low-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- Place the veggies on the bottom of the crock pot. Add the chicken pieces. Top with salt, basil and broth.
- Cook on the low setting for 8-10 hours.
- Looking to save time? Use a bag of baby carrots and low-sodium green beans in place of fresh veggies. Never feel guilty about substituting canned or frozen veggies – as long as you’re getting a large quantity of veggies in your diet, you’re all set!
- If you’re in a hurry, you can cook on the high setting for 3.5 – 5 hours.