If you’re looking for a healthy, hearty and most importantly – absolutely delicious BBQ chicken recipe, then read on and find out how easy it is to make a delicious grilled chicken wrap sandwich!
Serving Size : 1
- You’ll Need:
- 1 Whole wheat or wheat tortilla
- 2 Boneless chicken tenders
- ¼ cup of brown rice
- ¼ cup of black beans
- ¼ cup of shredded fat free cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp of fat-free sour cream
- 1 tbsp of your favorite bbq sauce
- BBQ rub spices (cinnamon chipotle rub is recommended!)
- Fresh cilantro
- Rub the boneless chicken tenders with BBQ rub spices and grill. Once thoroughly cooked (no pink in middle!), place into a bowl and shred with a fork and knife. Toss with your favorite bbq sauce and set aside.
- Heat your tortilla wrap for a few seconds in the microwave so it is more pliable to work with. Spread a thin layer of sour cream over the wrap, leaving about 2 inches uncovered on the sides.
- Heat up your prepared rice and black beans and cover one half of the wrap.
- Sprinkle on your cheese and add the shredded bbq chicken on the top.
- Add a few sprigs of fresh cilantro.
- Roll up the wrap, serve and enjoy!
I almost always wrap my potentially messy wrap creations in tinfoil and then peel away the tinfoil as I take bites, this way I don’t spill all over. This method also keeps your wrap warm for a longer period of time. Perfect if you’re making lunch for a number of people. I wrap the sandwich in tinfoil almost like a piece of candy, twisting each end of the tinfoil closed. Also, if you ever make cold wraps – this is also a great way to prepare a wrap to eat at a later time for lunch.
- If you aren’t a fan of chicken or don’t have any in your fridge, you could also try using turkey, shredded pork (grilled and shred with fork), tofu or even ground beef.
- Add a splash of your favorite hot sauce for an added kick.