Losing weight doesn’t have to be so difficult – the secret is as simple as including these 6 calorie burning super foods into your daily diet! Feel indulgent and lose weight with these calorie burning foods at the same time. Eating healthy can’t get better than this.
1.) Almonds – If you’re trying to curb hunger and lose weight, then almonds should be your new best friend. Aim to eat 35 almonds a day to reap the benefits of calcium, fiber and protein. Eat 15 with breakfast and 20 post-workout or for a great afternoon pick-me-up!
Try these great low-calorie snack combos to get your daily serving of almonds in:
- 20 almonds and one small granny smith apple, or be indulgent
- a few mini-squares of low-sugar 70% or greater dark chocolate
2.) Brussels Sprouts – Don’t hate them until you’ve tried my super easy low calorie Brussels sprouts recipe. B-sprouts are packed full of vitamins, such as A and C, which provide energy, keep you feeling healthy and make your skin glow.
Try this low calorie side dish recipe to get your daily serving of brussel sprouts in:
- Cut Brussels in half and toss in a large ziploc bag. Add in a few tbsp of olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic pepper. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Once hot, add the sprouts and sauté until brown. Delish!
3.) Coffee – While excessive amounts of coffee have been proven to raise cortisol levels (the evil hormone that increases belly fat!), 1 cup of coffee per day, with low-calorie creamer and little sugar can actually be really beneficial because of the antioxidant benefits.
Try these yummy ways to get in a cup of coffee per day:
- 6 oz cold coffee, 1 packet of sweetener, 1/2 cup skim milk, ice cubes
- 6 oz hot coffee, 1 tsp honey melted into coffee, 1/2 cup skim milk
4.) Grapes – Almost everyone knows that a glass of wine can provide some health benefits. Lose the bloating effects and water-weight gain effects of wine and opt for grapes instead. For variety, try mixing red grapes and green grapes together for a sweet and sour treat.
Try these yummy low calorie ideas to get in a serving of grapes:
- Freeze a cup of grapes and then enjoy! These can satisfy cravings for frozen treats and will save tons of calories.
- Mix cut grapes into low calorie chicken salad and enjoy the crisp and sweet contrast of flavors. Some people prefer raisins, but try grapes!
5.) Onions – This low calorie food choice is a great way to pack in flavor, get in lots of fiber and enjoy the high levels of flavanoids that are found in onions (they help prevent potential DNA damage). Wrinkling your nose?
Try these easy ways to get in 1 onion a day:
- At lunch, slice 1/2 a vidalia (red, sweet onion) onto a Greek salad.
- At dinner, sauté 1/2 a yellow onion in some olive oil until caramelized. They actual turn a bit sweet and will help flavor any bland dish, such as a plan grilled chicken breast.
6.) Watermelon – Who doesn’t love watermelon? Love it more and try to eat it daily during the summer! If you’re not a fan of tomatoes and feel guilty for not getting in lycopene, an important antioxidant, then opt for watermelon. It’s chock full of water and is only around 50 calories per cup.
Try these yummy ways to get in a cup a day:
- Dip 1 cup watermelon chunks into 1/2 cup plain, unsweetened Greek yogurt
- Mix into a fruit salad.
- Blend with some low-calorie lemonade for a yummy alcohol-free cocktail.