I’ve been receiving a lot of feedback that my readers want even more low calorie snack ideas! After doing some brainstorming and some taste testing of my own, I came up with a filling low calorie snack that can be made in a variety of ways with an assortment of ingredients. You can probably go through your cupboards and fridge right now and throw together these yummy low calorie roll-up snacks. They are perfect for on the go! Or, enjoy them with a side salad for a delicious low calorie lunch idea. The variations are endless, here are some ideas for your next snack:
- 1 Low Carb/Low Calorie Tortilla Wrap (around 60-80 calories)
- 1 piece of low calorie bread (preferably whole wheat and around 60-80 calories)
- Spread ingredients onto tortilla wrap or bread slice. (get tons of ideas below)
- Carefully roll into a log and slice into 1 inch slices.
- If you need to, use a toothpick to keep these roll-up pinwheels stuck together until it’s time to eat them.
For fillings, mix and match from the list below to create your own yummy snack roll-ups.
- Turkey breast and very thin cucumber slices with a bit of fat-free ranch dressing
- Low-fat peanut butter, thin banana slices and cinnamon
- Fat-free cream cheese and strawberry jam
- Fat-free ham slice and low-fat cheddar cheese with a bit of mustard
- Thin cucumber slices, diced red pepper and 2 tbsp of hummus
- Turkey breast slice and 2 tbsp of low calorie spinach artichoke dip
- 2 Tbsp low-fat refried beans, 1 oz of fat-free cheddar and 1 tbsp salsa
As you can see, the possibilities are endless. Just try to get some protein and fiber into each wrap you make to ensure that it fills you up and sustains you until your next meal.
Share your low calorie wrap ideas in the comments section below!
More Low Calorie Snack Articles: