Sweet and salty snacks can satisfy multiply food cravings at once. Read on for 14 mouthwatering, delicious and savory low calorie snack ideas for just 150 calories or less! Why not 100 calories? For just 50 calories more, you get a larger portion and will feel more satisfied, making it less likely that you’ll opt for two 100-calorie snacks, instead!
I find that these are great guilt-free low calorie snacks for watching tv or the occasional late night/midnight snack. As a bonus, you probably have many of these ingredients in your kitchen.
- 1/2 cup of canned pineapple (no-sugar added) and 1 slice of lean deli ham
- 2 cups air popped popcorn sprinkled with a bit of sugar and salt (tastes like kettle corn!)
- 100-Calorie Pack of Nabisco’s® Sweet & Salty Snack Mix
- 1 small handful each of salted peanuts and raisins
- 1/2 cup of peach slices (no-sugar added) and fat-free cottage cheese, sprinkled with cinnamon
- 1 Nature’s Valley® Sweet ‘N Salty Granola Bar
- 3 slices of turkey bacon, drizzled with a little bit of maple syrup
- 1 mozzarella cheese stick with 1 sliced pear
- 5 slices of sweet pickles (like “bread and butter”) with 1 slice of lean turkey deli meat
- 1 oz of low-fat pretzels dipped in 2 tsp. sweet honey mustard
- 8-oz serving of coconut water and a handful of roasted almonds
- 5 large strawberries dipped into poppy seed dressing or balsamic vinegar
- 1 sliced granny smith apple and 2 slices of lean turkey deli meat
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese, peach slices, cinnamon
Drooling yet? (I sure was by the time I got done brainstorming these ideas and finishing this blog post!) Make sure to share your favorite low calorie snack ideas or recipes in the comments section below.
More Low Calorie Articles