Craving chinese? No need to get off track from your healthy diet, even if you want to Celebrate New Year’s Day with Chinese food! Keep losing those pounds with some of the following options, tips, and ideas for ordering low calorie Chinese take-out (or dining in.)
- Moo Shu – Delicious sauteed veggies, tastes JUST like lo mein, without those high calorie and high carb, gluten laden noodles! (Just avoid the super sweet hoisin sauce and pancakes. You won’t miss ’em!) Try Moo Shu, you’ll love it.
- Steamed veggies and any meat that hasn’t been deep fried. Ask for sauce on the side! They normally add too much sauce, anyways.
- Sauteed green beans with garlic sauce; delish!
- For an appetizer – opt for vegetable broth soup; avoid the calorie-laden wonton soup!
- Enjoy as much tea as you’d like, but avoid adding sugar!
The above options are also lower carb chinese food ideas. I oftentimes will order some boneless ribs, which are slightly higher in calories, but I’ll eat just a few pieces, along with a cup of moo-shu, an appetizer of vegetable soup, and a few cups of tea. Totally a highly satisfying, and enjoyable meal.