1 whole egg and two egg whites (read here about how using egg whites will cut your calories in half!)
1/2 cup of diced mushrooms
1 slice swiss cheese
Fat-free cooking spray
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Dice your mushrooms (or slice, if you prefer them that way!).
2. Spray your non-stick pan with your favorite cooking spray.
3. Begin to sautee the mushrooms. To help them cook faster, add 1 tbsp of water.
4. While they’re sauteing, add salt and pepper to taste.
5. When they’re soft, add in your eggs and scramble!
6. At this point, you can stir in the swiss and melt it throughout the scramble, OR, just melt the entire piece over the entire mixture.
7. Serve hot and enjoy right away.
You could also make this into an omelet, if you’re not into the whole scramble look…
For an added protein boost, added in some turkey sausage or turkey bacon.